Here is what life is like at four weeks old:
1. She goes to "sitters" now that mommy is back at work. And unless they are liars, she is a very good girl for them. Now if she only would be a good girl for me as we get ready to go to their houses.
2. She eats out of a bottle and nurses regularly. The bottle is still new so she is still getting used to it. But she is doing really well nursing. She puts her little hands up on her cheeks while she eats. So cute!
3. She is starting to get more predictable with regards to her schedule: wakes up, eats for about 30 minutes, changes diaper and burps. Stays awake for about 45 minutes and then sleeps for about an hour and a half. The only time this differs is when we go out and at night. Of course...
4. She is a very good traveler. Loves the car, as long as she is not hungry. She pretty much sleeps the entire time she is in her stroller though.
Her she is shopping with Ella and Auntie Regan.
We tried on hats at the Children's Place. Ella in her beret.
Madelyn in her beanie.
We also helped Ella pick out her Halloween costume. Yay for this adorable little monkey!
Then we went out to eat at mommy's favorite place (CPK). Auntie Regan loved getting to see her awake!
5. And even though you can't tell in the pictures on this blog entry, she smiles more and more everyday. If you look her straight in the eyes and say "hi" over and over she just smiles. She also smiles when she has gas though, so who knows... Here is the proof in this video.
6. She can hold her head up for about 3 minutes.
7. She can follow things that move with her eyes. She loves the ceiling fan, when the AC makes the blinds move, her bouncy seat toys that flap when she bounces, and the mobile on her swing.
8. We also weighed her this morning and she is already over 10 pounds. I am very happy that she is now fitting into some of her cute outfits that are hanging in the closet. :o)
9. Probably my favorite thing that she does right now is when she is hungry. If she is not so hungry that she is screaming her head off, she will try to suck on any human body part that is in close proximity of her mouth. She will suck on whoever is holding her. Fingers, bellies, necks, arms, shoulders, whatever is by her mouth. She will even suck through clothing. Too funny!
10. She also recognizes Josh and I's voices if we are in a room full of people. Love that!
As for major events this past week, here she is celebrating Grammy's birthday.