1. Decided she does not really like the paci. She would much rather suck on daddy's fingers if she needs to be calmed down.
2. Been two a couple of football games. She loves loud music. It just puts her to sleep!
3. Now become a regular church attender. Again, the girl loves loud music. She mostly just sleep through the beginning and then is pretty calm during the sermon. She has been to sunday school once. Although she slept through that as well. :o)
4. Visited with lots of new friends. Declan, Maisey, Matthew, Ava and her cousins are the people she likes to be around the most.
Here is a picture of the first time she met Maisey. Yes, Maisey is 7 weeks older than Madelyn. But you would never know looking at our little chunka monka.
5. Learned to love her tummy time mat. Look how strong her neck is already! Go MAD!!
6. Has perfected shopping and helping mommy carry in things from the car. I seriously lost my mom of the year award after pulling this stunt. The rest of the goods from Target were to go to Josh at work. We just need the deodorant, so I put them on top of Madelyn. This way I only had to make one trip. I could have at least fixed her head band though...
7. Established a Sunday routine, napping with mommy. By the times of the week we are both exhausted and need our energy for the upcoming Monday. Especially with weddings now on Saturday's, these naps are going to be crucial if I want to stay sane.
8. Not slept through the night at ALL! See above. Good thing she is cute!
9. Gone on many walks in her stroller around the neighborhood. Thank God for good weather in the mornings!
10. Starting blowing out her diapers at the worst times: on my white outfit in the middle of IKEA when I have a full shopping cart, in her car seat at the sitters when I have forgotten to refill the diapers and put and extra onesie in the diaper bag, right before I am ready to leave somewhere (this happens all the time, thus the reason I am late all the time now.)
11. Started talking, laughing, and smiling all the time. See previous blog entry.
12. Cheered on daddy at his first triathlon. This was me after an exhausting morning. I had a wedding the day before so I got three hours of sleep. I woke up, fed the baby, dressed her, dressed myself, packed the car, dropped off the husband for his race, followed him around to cheer him on, fed the baby again during the bike portion, ran to the bike transition to cheer Josh on again, changed the baby on the grass, and made it just in time to see Josh finish. Triathletes have nothing on me!
Josh loved having us there though so it was all worth it. Then ensued the Sunday nap routine!
Happy daddy. Josh kept saying, "Are you going to be a triathlete?" Madelyn just stared at him with a funny look on her face. Since she didn't do well getting out of the house that early, I am taking that as a no.
Here's to another great month with our little blessing. We can't wait to see what she has in store for month number 3 (including our first trip to CA with Grandma and Grandpa Thye, Yay)! We love you Madelyn!!