Tuesday, December 2, 2008

How many babies???

ONE! I am thanking my lucky stars at this point. I knew God wouldn't give me anything I couldn't handle. So when the thought of twins was starting to get entirely too overwhelming, I was very happy to hear there was only one baby in my tummy. I am already scared to death that I am going to mess this one up. Good thing I have practice time before I get another. Yikes...

Anyway, here are some of the pictures I got from the ultrasound. But I have to admit, the best part was hearing the heartbeat. It made it feel real. Like I wasn't just reading about something in a book. Seeing it on a stick. Hearing it from the doctor. It was really inside me. Growing. Living. Making mommy sick as a dog! You know, good things. I have another ultrasound Monday. I just can't wait. Wow, nine months feels like forever at this point. It is like when you were a little kid who had bought Christmas presents for everyone in the school store, but you just had to give it to them early because you couldn't wait to see their face. Yeah, patience does not run through my veins. That's for sure. All I want to do is see my baby! But I guess this will do for now. And please do not be like my husband and laugh when you think you can't see anything. It is there. Adorable as can be. :o)


This is Baby Thye's first picture. Just a nice shot for mommy and daddy. You can see it on the right hand side (no wonder the cramps were awful on that side). The over sized tad pole looking thing. So far our baby has a big head, one big black eye hole, and small little bottom. Taking after Josh. No small butts in my family. But if you look closely it is smiling at us. Let's hope for daddy's dimples!


Here is the heart beat. You can see it at 156 beats per minute. Very strong heart beat. But since it is only six weeks old (seven weeks today) it was very faint and oh so cute. I couldn't stop crying.




And here is the overall size. My baby books tell me that in the sixth week the baby should be between 2 and 4 mm. Our baby is at 3.76mm. It says average on the picture, but I am pretty sure Josh and I have huge potential of having giant children. Being the smallest ones in each of our families, the thought is not just an exaggeration. But we will see. In time...



So, if you didn't catch on. I had to do my ultrasound early. It was scheduled for today, but I had to go in on Monday due to excessive bleeding over the weekend. I am fine. But when she did it I was six weeks, meaning the baby was 4 weeks old. Today I am seven and the baby is five weeks. Still my potential due date is calculated for July 27th, 2009. Regan is pulling for the 17th, her birthday. Either way, I will humongous during the hottest months in AZ. Yay for me! But honestly, after seeing the baby on screen, I just can't wait to hold it in my arms.

3 comments:

Santiago and Emily said...

I am so happy to hear everything went well. We couldn't be happier for you guys!! You will make such a great mommy! Love you!

Unknown said...

So I've found a new little morning blog! Congratulations on the news and I look forward to watching you go through this experience. You are going to be an unbelievable mommy.

Robin said...

Josh and Jen - I'm so happy for the two of you and my new little great niece or nephew. Thanks for doing this blog - I get to be in the loop this way!
Hugs and kisses to the expectant family!!