Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Belly Time

Last night Josh and I decided that it might be good to start taking some belly pictures.  My tummy has already changed so much (along with the rest of my body) that I should have started right away.  Nevertheless, it was quite the adventure.  Josh kept saying I looked too awkward in the pictures.  I kept telling him I was uncomfortable that I was showing the world a belly that really just looked fat and not preggo.  Then he said my belly was beautiful and I should be happy.  To that I got frustrated and said I was very happy, just not sure I wanted to take the pictures.  To which he agreed that if I didn't want to take them then we shouldn't.  But then I really wanted the documentation.  So he said to just get over there and take the pictures.  Did I mention that this all came right after he said, "Are you taking these in your baggy sweatpants. " Umm, yeah!  Do I fit in anything else?  I just can't wait until I am huge in the 120 degree weather and wanting to wear practically nothing. It is like that Friends episode where Rachel is going to the doctor, nine months pregnant, in the middle of summer and Ross says, "Do you want to change first?" I can only imagine that Josh will see that look Rachel gave Ross more times than he anticipates.  He is already off to a good start.  Fun stuff!

Anyway, here is the result of our fun night.   






And this is what Josh looked like after we were done taking numerous pictures. Oh babe!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I could never do this- I am with you, I just didn't feel like taking pics when you feel so blah! Good for you for taking them. You look great. You are going to really love taking these pics the week before you give birth! Talk about feeling huge! You will love having the pics though.

Anonymous said...

And you do look prego- NOT fat!

Mrs Bic said...

cute belly! Boy, is it going to get a whole lot bigger!!! But, I've said it before and I'll say it again...the belly is the best part. It's the but, legs and boobs that are rediculous! Well, sometimes the boobs are okay...sometimes.

Mairi said...

I wish I had taken pictures throughout, but I also didn't want to be photographed. You'll thank yourself later.

Santiago and Emily said...

Very cute!! I agree, not fat at all, just a little baby growing every day. Can't wait to see the next rounds.:)

Mattie said...

Absolutely adorable. My stomach never looked like that, even before I was pregnant!

Kristyn and Kyle said...

Kyle and I agree that you look beautiful! It will be fun watching you grow with a beautiful baby inside and I bet you will appreciate the picture documentation later!

Unknown said...

Yes, those pants are the best! Are yours Danskin? You're crazy, you look absolutely beautiful and just as cute! And when I see pictures of you, I just feel bad about my face. :0) Love you.