Monday, January 5, 2009

Vacation part 2

So Josh and I are safely back in AZ and back to work. Sad... Anyway, I thought I would let you all know how the second part of our vacation went. Once we got to Texas things slowed down a lot. Thankfully! The boys got to golf while Cheri and I went to Babies R Us (for four hours). That was fun and overwhelming all at the same time.

Why is it that you see so many adorable baby things when you are not pregnant and then as soon as you are with child, nothing looks worth the overpriced tag they are asking for? I was bummed, but didn't let it permanently ruin my excitement. I just have to get more creative now. Back to the story...

That night we went to Cheesecake Factory with Jake, Hillary, Mom and Dad. Then we saw "Yes Man" with Jim Carrey. It was a great movie. I just wish the teenagers making out next to me would have watched it. They might have enjoyed it more than whatever they were doing...

The next day we sat around, watched a couple of movies and football games on TV, than that night we celebrated our traditional Thye family Christmas. Although having New Years and Christmas on the same day was a new one for us, we had a lot of fun. Cheri even made up a Deal or No Deal game to give us out gifts. It was fun! But I think Josh has some new additions to the rules for next year.

We finished our trip spending time with the rest of the Thye clan. We went to Springcreek BBQ, Hillary's favorite restaurant in Texas. And then went to Phil and Miekka's just to spend time with everyone. We played games (basketball and wii mostly), talked, and enjoyed being together.

The next day we flew home. Now here we are. Back at it, but really missing being on "break". Thanks to everyone who helped make Josh and I's trip so much fun. Hopefully I will get around to putting up pictures soon. :o)

No comments: